Saturday 28 February 2015

Crochet Motifs

I have added a pretty floral cotton back which perfectly matches the light green yarn of this cushion. I used a floral piece I bought in a charity shop in a bagful of scrap material all for £1, so a bargain! Also I crocheted another motif, a Rainbow Petal pattern I found in a book The Harmony Guide to Crochet Stitches and chose from the the selection of colours I have. It may become a bag or a cushion. I popped into the wool shop in my local town Camborne, there had been a delivery of several large boxes of wool, a few were opened I chose these as a start and will pop back there again, they are all priced at £1.20 per 100g, so very good value! I and OH are going to London on Sunday 1st March to see our daughter Michelle's new house and stay for a week so excited I don't know if I will have time to do any knitting or crochet while I am away but I may get to do some. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos  photo 94cbe02f105eea7c8191d3d68e992b4b_zps7d2a64dd.jpg  photo cb70cc2aa52cb1cf8667c0a8d80cb0e4_zps5327f22b.jpg Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos  photo 81412da9d5af507d51a19898d8f8db13_zpsec617447.jpg
Show Comments: OR

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty cushion, Therese. The backing fabric was a find. Love your new flower motif; that is just a wee bit clever! How lovely to live it up in London for a week. Have a great time visiting with your daughter. Oh.....I am quite certain that crochet hook of yours will be crocheting away a little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds in the charity shop and I love the crochet petal pattern. I hope you have a great week with your daughter :)

    ReplyDelete