Monday 3 November 2014

Mug Cosies, Mitten and Fleece

I have completed a few mug cosies some have a bottom some without. I think the granny squares one is better with a button. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos I started this cowl I saw in my Knitting magazine with the chunky cream yarn I had left over from the cream jumper I knitted. My daughter Fiona loved the jumper by the way my other daughter Michelle wants one too! So I am making another one. One side of the cowl is longer than the other, that's the pattern I suppose!  photo 0b838641f87179162854aba0c563b25a_zpsf949b9f3.jpg The seams have been cut through of the Guernsey sweater. I used the hand template and cut around the red woollen, stitched this and a felt lining. I think it looks okay as a first attempt, now to attach the lining. I find there are two methods to make mittens, either use your hand shape for a template or with the thumb under mitten pattern method. I will probably use the hand template as it is easy and is effective.  photo 8a32946d5d30c9adf693482f588133ef_zps746c8f86.jpg A new shop has opened in an arcade in my nearby town selling lots of fleece of all colours and natural too. I chose a 100g of the coloured fleece so have more feece to make something with.  photo 1382b250e809f7cad2b74f199fba7c89_zps0751b097.jpg And I thought I'd show this colourful tree as I have not seen anything like it, lots of rainbow colours. Rainbow Eucalyptus- The unique multi-hued bark is the most distinctive feature of the tree. Patches of outer bark are shed annually at different times, showing a bright green inner bark. This then darkens and matures to give blue, purple, orange and then maroon tones.  photo 3b9abe73c59aa376cfdda4095c698e0f_zps6db33c4e.jpg
Show Comments: OR

4 comments:

  1. As always you have oodles of projects on the go. You're steaming ahead with your mug cosies. They're looking great. Love the mass of different colours in the fleece and oh my goodness, that tree is amazing. I have never seen anything like it. It truly is quite spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wonderful collection of makes. I think they'll sell really well. And the tree is amazing! Thank you for linking up with Wool on Sundays :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy! Your mug cosies look just right for the colder weather!

    I will drop in again to see what you make with the beautiful wool pieces.

    I love those Rainbow Eucalyptus. I grew some ordinary Eucalyptus from seed and they turned into huge trees quite quickly. I will have to see if I can find some of these rainbow seeds, if they will grow in this country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cosies. And the three is so amazing, never seen anything like it! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete