Sunday 27 July 2014

A Mandala Cushion and Bowl

I have completed the Mandala and added a soft yellow cotton circle for the back. I made the inside circular cushion pad as I'd polyester stuffing and a few yards of muslin. I like the fullness around the edge which then decreases in stitches for the yellow circle on the back. The Mandala which was getting wider as I was crocheting it has been rescued and made into this cushion. It measures 18" x 18" plus the sides make 24" Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos I came across this weaving with a Hula Hoop on Pinterest and I thought I'd give it a go. The biggest hoop I found is a size 29" the recommended size for a small rug is 33" I may get a larger size. I made this little bowl with strips of old t-shirts. I think these colours go pretty together and like the rustic look. This hoop weaving is very easy to do and doesn't take long to make something. I have not done much weaving before this now I will make other small items with the Hula Hoop. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Show Comments: OR

5 comments:

  1. What a fab idea, weaving on a hoola hoop, there are no end of possibilities!
    Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cushion is lovely. What a cool idea to weave on a hula hoop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cushion.

    Your basket looks cute, too. I tried the hula hoop weaving with my daughter for a school project when she was in kindergarten. She was too young for it. She became easily bored and frustrated and the circle came out very wonky, so we did something different. It would be pretty fun for an adult, though, and maybe kids from 8 or 10 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cushion is lovely and your hula hoop weaving looks great :) Thank you for linking with Wool on Sundays :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job, lovely cushion!

    ReplyDelete